Grantmaking Fundamentals Workshop 2017
A full day professional development workshop for Mid-Atlantic grantmakers taught by our region's experienced practitioners! Presented by ABAG each year.
- Your grantmaking within the local and national philanthropic landscape
- Developing grant guidelines and communicating with the public
- Reviewing proposals and conducting due diligence
- Legal and ethical guidelines for grantmaking excellence
- Maximizing grant impact
- Strategies for continued learning and improvement
Who Should Attend
- Trustees, staff, and executive directors of foundations, giving circles and corporate giving programs who want to expand their grantmaking skills, deepen their understanding of philanthropy and learn from their colleagues
- Individuals who are exploring how to organize significant charitable giving
- Beginning grantmakers will appreciate the workshop's efficient overview of all aspects of grantmaking
- Intermediate grantmakers will appreciate the time to reflect on and refine their grantmaking fundamentals
Total attendance will be limited to 25 registrants; ABAG reserves the right to cancel the event if fewer than four grantmakers register (fees would be reimbursed)
Baltimore Community Foundation's Levi Conference Room
2 E Read Street, 8th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Directions may be found here.
This workshop is adopted from Essential Skills and Strategies for New Grantmakers, co-developed by the Council on Foundations and the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers. All participants will receive a set of helpful reference materials. The workshop will be customized to registrants and follow the agenda below. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Elisabeth Hyleck at email@example.com or 410-727-1205 x 1211.